Round Steak with Grilled Vegetables
Helm makes this grass fed round steak on the BBQ, but it can be cooked in the kitchen by roasting the vegetables and broiling the steak. Nancy: does this use fresh or dried thyme? Do you recommend a particular dry rub? Do you make your own? Also – the olive oil is used twice. How much do you use for each preparation? If you are roasting the vegetables in the oven, what temperature do you use and how long? Should we suggest an amount of each vegetable for however many servings 1.5 lbs of steak makes?
Author: Snug Valley Farm
Recipe for: GRASS-FED BEEF
Cut of Meat: Round Steak
- 1 ½ lbs Grass-fed Round Steak
- ¼ cup Olive oil
- Dry rub of your choice
- 2 Garlic cloves, pressed
- Small potatoes
- Small beets
- Cherry tomatoes
- Summer squash
- STEAK PREPARATION:
- Mix the olive oil and enough dry rub to make a paste.
- Rub paste on both sides of the steak, and let sit for 1 hour.
- Cook to desired doneness over hot coals (or broil on high rack).
- Let sit for 10 minutes, then slice against the grain.
- VEGETABLE PREPARATION:
- Toss all the vegetables together with ???? of the olive oil, garlic and thyme, coating evenly.
- Grill (or roast) the vegetables.
- Serve with the steak.