Pork Sirloin Steaks with Zesty Orange
Citrus and fruit are fabulous companions to pork. This recipe is simple and delicious for a change of pace and for special company.
Author: Snug Valley Farm
Recipe for: PASTURED PORK
Cut of Meat: Pork Sirloin
- 2 lbs. Sirloin Steak or Pork Butt
- (to be sliced)
- 1 ½ cups orange juice
- 1 tsp. grated orange peel
- ⅓ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- (or maple syrup)
- ¼ cup brown mustard
- 1 Tbsp. vinegar
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- Dash of ground cloves
- Cut pork into ¾ inch slices (or ready cut sirloin steak); place in a shallow baking dish.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Stir until well blended. Remove from heat and pour over pork slices. Allow to cool; cover and marinate in refrigerator overnight.
- Remove meat from marinade; pour liquid into small saucepan. Boil 5 – 10 minutes, until mixture is reduced and sauce is a good consistency for basting. Broil or grill pork slices about 4 inches from flame for 5 – 10 minutes, turning frequently and basting with sauce*. They do not have to be well done, so check for desired doneness! To serve, pour any extra sauce over slices on a serving platter and garnish with orange slices and parsley.
- *You can also just prepare the sauce and use it for other pork dishes or roasts. Just be sure to reduce it by cooking longer. Freeze any extra. We have even used this sauce at a pig roast for folks to pour over their pork.
- ENJOY !