Sausage Georgia Style
This is a great one dish meal for breakfast or dinner that Nancy grew up with.
Author: Snug Valley Farm
Recipe for: PASTURED PORK
Cut of Meat: Pork Sausage
- 5 yams baked and cooled; then skin removed, cut into slices or 2 cans of yams, drained and sliced
- 1½ lb. pork Sweet Italian or Breakfast sausage, patties or links, lightly browned
- 4 apples skin on, sliced
- 4 Tablespoons sausage fat (from browning of sausages)
- ¼ cup hot water
- ¼ cup brown sugar or maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon Lea and Perrin’s Sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease a shallow baking dish with butter, line bottom with sliced yams;
- Place browned sausage over the yam layer;
- Cover sausage with apples;
- Sprinkle apples with brown sugar or the maple syrup;
- Mix sausage fat with water, Lea and Perrin’s and pour over the entire dish.
- Cover and bake for 40 mins or till apples are soft. Keep covered for 30 mins and then uncover for 10 mins.