Pork Chops Grilled with Honey Bourbon Marinade
For a delicious company meal or just your family, this easy to prepare (same day) marinated pork chop recipe with yummy ingredients will bring rave reviews. Serve with the summer’s bounty of squash and tomatoes or in winter with mashed potatoes and roasted root vegetables. And yes, Snug Valley grills all winter!
Author: Snug Valley Farm
Recipe for: PASTURED PORK
Cut of Meat: Pork Chops
- 4 center cut pork chops
- Optional: 1 large apple, julienne (cut in thin strips)
- Optional: 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 2 Tablespoons bourbon
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, finely chopped
- 3 Tablespoons soy sauce (if gluten free, use La Choy brand)
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- In a small bowl combine the honey, bourbon, garlic, onion, soy sauce, pepper and vinegar, and mix well.
- Place pork in a shallow pan or glass baking dish, and pour the marinade over the chops, turning to cover both sides. Cover and marinate the pork chops in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours, turning over to coat with the marinade three times.
- Preheat the grill to medium. Grill pork chops on grill for 15 minutes or less, turning often so the chops won’t burn. Chops can be cooked to medium rare… pink inside.
- To Serve: In a small bowl, mix together the apple and cilantro. Serve the pork over the apple cilantro mixture or serve with warm German Potato Salad, home fries, or scalloped potatoes and a green or tomato salad and grilled squash.
Adapted from Cooking Close to Home: A Year of Seasonal Recipes by Local experts Diane Imrie and Richard Jarmusz, who work at Fletcher Allen Health Care bringing local delicious food to patients and visitors alike.